NIGERIA: Daniel Dino Melaye Biography And Profile
INTRODUCTION: Daniel Dino Melaye official biography and profile: Poverty was his next of kin before providence smiled on Daniel Dino Melaye. An indigent student from the onset. Dino an elected member of the House of Representative from Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu Federal Constituency and Chairman Information and National Orientation started self sponsoring himself at a young age. This bold move has now shaped his life for the better, making him rank among the movers and shakers of the polity.
Biography in Full
Daniel Dino Melaye, a very brilliant and enchanting personality, the people’s legislator, who was the head boy in both his primary and secondary school. Among his peers and contemporaries, he has grown over the years in becoming a force too strong to be ignored. He does have a complete dossier of many names and appellations he answers, call him Dino, Mr. Fix it, Imole De, Dino Marwa, Political Machine and lots more. Daniel Dino Melaye was born in the Ancient city of Kano, Student Union Leader at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria in his varsity days before successfully leading the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS). After that he became the Secretary General of African Youth Council and then that of the Common Wealth Youth Council, positions of which won him the African youth of the year award among many other citizens of 54 competing Commonwealth countries in 2005 after which he was appointed by President Olusegun Obasanjo to chair the Presidential Advisory Council on Youths.
Distinguished Senator Dino Melaye is a stalwart of the All Progressive Congress(APC), one time member house of representatives representing the dynamic people of Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu, incumbent senator representing Kogi west senatorial district and Chairman Senate Committee on FCT.
The journey has not been a tarred and smooth one in terms of legislative and oversight function within the chamber and the general outlook of events in the country – a distraction too expensive to playback and despite all, Senator Dino Melaye is shoning like a million star to the admiration of his fans, colleagues and his adversaries. Mention 109 Senators, and one name will stand out; Dino Melaye’s doggedness in his early days at the lower legislative chamber were taken for granted. But his continuous believe in people oriented leadership won him the mandate to represent us at the upper chamber.
Senator Dino Melaye fondly called Dino, has so far sponsored a handful bills and motion in the house despite attempts by the cabals benefitting from the non-passage of this bill, Dino has pushed on not minding whose ox is gored to ensure good representation.
Constituency Project is a core responsibility of every elected personnel. However, since there are no standard gauges to measure performances, it is safe to say many can get away with funds meant to cater for the constituency, payment of tution fees and obtaining free jamb forms provided by Dino Melaye to improve education Standard in the State. Dino’s Employment project into NDLEA, SUBEB, SURE-P, FIRS, CUSTOMS, and TEACHING SERVICES etc have been commended by Kogites at home and in the Diaspora.
Electricity and Solar powered Motorized Borehole in about 15wards and various construction of roads, drainages and massive erosion control projects are but a few of Dino’s gleaming achievement within four(4) years at the lower chamber, For this reason, general believe is; he will achieve more if we are patient with him and put away side talks from oppositions who dont have the interest of the masses at heart.
Voice For the Voiceless
We are living at a time where it is more rewarding to keep quiet in the face of injustice as long as our relatives, friends are not involved. The former house of reps member; Distinguished Senator Dino Melaye stands out among his peers when issues affecting the youths are on the front burner. Silence is golden, but not in the face of injustice; Dino Melaye constantly engages with the youth via social media platforms to feel their pulse in order to act accordingly.
His many goodwill initiatives will soonest earn him the status as the ‘most user friendly’ senator in Nigeria; always precise and hitting the nail on the head without mincing words. Often regarded as a no nonsense politician revered by those in the opposition, Dino has carved a niche for himself as the mouth piece of Nigerian.
He bagged Bsc. Geography from Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Not fewer than 30 undergraduates are enjoying scholarship under his education empowerment fund, sinking of boreholes in various villages in his constituency, donated drugs worth several millions to hospitals in various villages and not to forget his continuous widow empowerment programme.
Honourable Dino Daniel Melaye is a father of 3.
This inevitable personality has won him several awards in his prestigious years of service; they are:
- Best Honourable Representative of the Year by Global Youth Awareness and Development Initiative
- Protector of the Youth P.D.P National Youth Vanguard
- Epitome of Servant by National Association of Kogi State Students
- Youth Libra for Award by the Visioners Club of Kogi State
- the Great Motivator of Students by Nigerian Economic Student Association
- Icon of Good Leadership by Kogi Peoples Forum
- 2008 Diplomatic Member of the year by St. Monica’s College Kabba and the most performed National Legislator by Vision 2020 Youth Group.
- Most vibrant honourable member
- Abuja merit Awards African Parliamentarian of the year 2005 in U.S.A.
Daniel Dino Melaye Chieftaincy Titles:
- Otunba of Bunu Kingdom
- Arogundade of Ogagi Amuro
- Olugbayi of Gbede
- Gbeluro of Ogidi
- Ariwajoye of Ekinrin Adde
- Oluamofin of Okoro Gbede
- Asiwaju of Oke-Offin
- Olugbeye of Aiyetoro-Gbede
- Alutushe of Oke-bukun
- Bolagunwa of Obajana
BILLS AND MOTIONS SPONSORED BY HON. MELAYE DANIEL DINO
- A bill for an act to create National Cardiothoracic Centres
MOTIONS MOVED BY HON. MELAYE DANIEL DINO
- Deplorable state of Education in Nigeria
- Nigerian Communication Commission and Telecommunication Regulation
- Need for Public and Political Officer Holders to curb frequent oversea medical treatment
- Removal of speed bumps on Abuja Highways
- Inhuman treatment of NITEL workers arising from non-payment of their salary arrears
- The N65 billion overpriced run way project
- Ministry of Agriculture failure to disburse N200b loan
- Exploitation by NECO on unemployed Nigerian
- Partial and non implementation 2008 and 2009 MDG quick win project
- Partial and non implementation 2008 and 2009 MDG quick win project
- Motion on the sales of Fg’s properties in the US
- Motion on the Auction of 1,000 tractors and accessories procured for over 65Billion
- Motion on the construction of dualization of Airport and Kubwa road by Julius Berger at 257Billion Naira.
- Motion on Delta Steel, led to revocation of sale to GHIL
- Motion on Siemens, the motion led to the resignation of Chief Vincent Ogbulafor and trial in court
Interview With Dino Melaye (SaharaTV)
– Daniel Dino Melaye