USA POLITICS: Mick Mulvaney Biography
Mick Mulvaney was born in Alexandria, Va., July 21, 1967. Mick Mulvaney was elected in November, 2010 in South Carolina’s 5th District, which includes the cities of Rock Hill, Sumter, Lancaster, Gaffney and Newberry.
A lifelong Carolinas resident, Mick attended Georgetown University where he graduated with honors in International Economics, Commerce, and Finance. After college, Mick attended law school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He completed his formal education at Harvard Business School’s OPM program in 2006.
Mick is a serial entrepreneur, having started four businesses. He has private sector experience across many fields, including law, real estate, homebuilding, and restaurants. He has also been a columnist for his local paper and an occasional college lecturer.
He currently serves on the House Financial Services Committee as well as the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. He previously served on the Committee on Small Business and the Budget Committee. For more information on Mick’s committee assignments, follow the “About Mick” tab and click on “Committees.”
He has been active locally, as a founding member of the Indian Land Rotary, a youth baseball coach, and a member of St. Philip Neri Catholic Church and founding member of Our Lady of Grace Catholic Mission.
What little free time he has is spent gardening, golfing, and writing. Mick and Pam were married in 1998, and are the proud parents of triplets.
- Staff, Family Homebuilding and Real Estate Business
- President, The Mulvaney Group, Limited
- Owner/Operator, Salsaritas, Incorporated, 2009
- Attorney, Mulvaney and Fisher, 1997-2000
- Attorney, James, McElroy and Diehl, 1992-1997
Religious, Civic, and other Memberships
- Member, Fort Mill Area Chamber of Commerce, present
- Founding Member, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Mission, present
- Member, Saint Philip Neri Catholic Church, present
- Member, Board of Visitors, University of South Carolina, Lancaster
- Board Member, Illinois Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Founding Member, Indian Land Rotary
- Coach, Youth Basketball, Lancaster County Parks & Recreation
- President, Indian Land Council, 2006
- Board Member, Lancaster Chamber of Commerce, 2006
- Board Member, Springs Memorial Hospital, 2006
- Board Member, United Way Lancaster Committee, 2006
- Board Member, University of South Carolina, Lancaster, 2006
- Freshman Legislator of the Year in 2006 by the Palmetto Family Council, In 2010 he was named Legislator of the Year
- Public School Teacher
- Public School Teacher
– Mick Mulvaney Biography (US Gov)