SOUTH AFRICA POLITICS: Makhosi Busisiwe Khoza Biography
Dr. Makhosi Busisiwe Khoza was born 12 December 1969. She was a former chairperson of the Standing Committee on Public Accounts and Finance (SCOPA) in KwaZulu-Natal and has over 20 years of collective experience at both public and private sector institutions.
Khoza’s previous employers include Msinsi Holdings, Akani Retirement Fund Administrators and the South African Local Government Association (SALGA) where she was at the helm, as well as Universities of the Witwatersrand Business School and Natal.
Makhosi Busisiwe Khoza holds a PHD in Administration, a master’s degree in Social Science (Policy and Development studies) and is a fellow at the Aspen Global Leadership Institute. Khoza is currently studying towards a master’s degree in Finance at the University of London.
Her recent achievements include ground-breaking research culminating in a textbook that unpacks the logic and sophistication of indigenous languages.
Using South Africa’s lingua franca Zulu as an example, Khoza has proven the consistency of Zulu with mathematical formulas and science principles.
Makhosi Busisiwe Khoza has since created a language order called UZALO (Ubuntu Zulu Alphabetical Logic Order) comprising of a 12 noun cluster system which drives the construction of meaningful sentences.
- Member at Portfolio Committee on Public Service and Administration, as well as Performance Monitoring and Evaluation (National Assembly Committees) since 17th February 2017
- Member at Ad Hoc Committee on the South African Broadcasting Corporation Board Inquiry (Ad Hoc Committees) since 10th November 2016
- Chairperson at Ad Hoc Committee to nominate a person for appointment of Public Protector (Ad Hoc Committees) since 27th May 2016
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) since 21st May 2014
- Member at African National Congress (ANC) (Party)
- Member at Standing Committee on Finance (National Assembly Committees) from June 2014 until 17th February 2017
- Member at Ad Hoc Committee to nominate a person for appointment of Public Protector (Ad Hoc Committees) from 26th May 2016 until 27th May 2016
- Member-elect at National Assembly (Parliament) from 16th May 2014 until 21st May 2014
- 7th Candidate at African National Congress Regional KwaZulu-Natal Election List 2014 (Election List) from 22nd April 2014 until 7th May 2014
– Makhosi Busisiwe Khoza Biography (Makhosi Busisiwe Khoza)