Back to homepage
Most Popular Political Articles
- USA POLITICS: Senate Democrats to Jeff Sessions: Recuse From Russia Probes Nine Democratic senators asked President-elect Donald Trump's nominee to be U.S. attorney general, Senator Jeff Sessions.
- USA POLITICS: Sabrina De Sousa Ex-CIA Agent to Be Extradited to Italy Begs Trump to Save Her From Prison Sabrina De Sousa, 60, is scheduled to be extradited from Portugal today to serve four years in jail for her role in the Bush-era US extraordinary renditions program.
- CHINA POLITICS: Beijing to US: Bar Taiwan Delegation From Trump Inauguration Trump broke with decades of precedent last month by taking a congratulatory telephone call from Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen, and he has also said the "One China" policy was up for negotiation.
- UK POLITICS: Theresa May Sets For ‘Hard Brexit’, Britain Will Leave EU Single Market "I want to be clear: What I am proposing cannot mean membership of the single market," Prime Minister Theresa May told an audience of foreign diplomats and Britain's own Brexit negotiating team at a mansion house in London.
- UK POLITICS: Theresa May Brexit Speech: What People Are Saying Prime Minister Theresa May said on Tuesday Britain could not remain a member of the EU single market after leaving the European Union, but would seek an agreement to allow for the freest possible trade in goods and services.
- GAMBIA POLITICS: 4 Jammeh’s Ministers Resign Jammeh's defiance has sent the tiny West African country into crisis. As well as the defections from the government, hundreds of Gambians have fled abroad, fearing violence.
- GREECE POLITICS: Alexis Tsipras Sees Progress On Cyprus Greek PM Alexis Tsipras: "A precondition is the other side, particularly Turkey, come to negotiations in similar spirit, putting aside aggressive rhetoric."
- RUSSIA POLITICS: Putin Says, Those Behind Allegations ‘Against Trump Have No Moral Scruples’ "Prostitution is ugly social phenomenon," Putin said, adding people who stand behind "fabrications" being used against Trump "are worse than prostitutes."
- SCOTLAND POLITICS: Sturgeon Says Scotland Must Have Choice On Independence If Brexit Wishes Ignored Scottish First Minister Sturgeon said Scots, who voted by clear majority against leaving EU in last referendum, were now more likely to want independence
- CUBA POLITICS: USA, Cuba Unite to Fight Terrorism, Drug Trafficking A brief statement said Rhodes was in Cuba for “official meetings, cultural engagements, and to witness the signing of a U.S.-Cuba Law Enforcement Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).”
- USA POLITICS: 17 May Chelsea Manning Will Gain Freedom President Barack Obama commuted the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the former U.S. military intelligence analyst behind the biggest breach of classified materials in U.S. history, the White House said.
- NIGERIA POLITICS: Abiola Ajimobi: Belligerent, Bellicose, Bully Sadly, the political leadership at all levels in Nigeria is made up of people who are not properly trained and ill prepared for leadership positions and who do not understand the importance of their roles.
- LITHUANIA POLITICS: Lithuania to Build Fence to Boost Security On Its Border With Russia’s Kaliningrad Enclave Lithuania politician Rasa Jukneviciene said "this fence will not stop military equipment" but it would help to "reduce the potential threat posed by Russia".
- GAMBIA POLITICS: Jammeh Declares State of Emergency Gambian President Yahya Jammeh declared a state of emergency on Tuesday after refusing to hand power to opposition leader Adama Barrow, who won an election last month.
- USA POLITICS: Bradley Manning Biography and Autobiography Bradley Manning was born in Oklahoma December 17, 1987. Later Manning became transgender named Chelsea Manning. Read Bradley Manning Biography and Profile.
- IRAQ POLITICS: Iraqi Army Advance in Northeastern Mosul Iraqi forces recaptured most of eastern Mosul in a 3-month old U.S.-backed offensive to drive Islamic State out of its last major stronghold in the country.
- CANADA POLITICS: Trudeau to Shuffle Officials to Handle Trump Challenge Canadian PM Justin Trudeau plans to promote a former army commander as he shuffles senior officials to help handle ties with the Trump administration.